Beyond Tours & Luxury Luggage to Driving Change
In addition to our guided tours and adorning our luggage with the names of Haiti’s trailblazing liberators, we actively participate in efforts that celebrate and preserve our history. This includes the photo we shot that was featured in Richmond Barthé’s exhibit that ran from August 4th to Nov 5th at the Jepson Center at the Telfair Museums in Savannah, Georgia.
Richmond Barthé: Harlem Renaissance Sculptor
Richmond Barthé is a revered African American sculptor, whose work features bronze statues of historic black icons. Telfair Museums showcased 2 dozen of his elegant pieces, including a bronze of Haiti’s own Toussaint Louverture.
Belle Vue Tours' Photo
One of the photos that was featured in Richmond Barthé’s Telfair exhibit was taken by Belle Vue Tours! This is part of our ongoing commitment to drive change and empower our community by sharing our history.
The Telfair Museums
Founded in 1883 by philanthropist Mary Telfair, this 3-building site is the oldest public museum in the south. The Telfair Museums are comprised of 2 donated mansions and a newer venue that opened to the public in 2006. Enjoy exhibits spanning 2 centuries, a children’s art museum, and a wide range of community outreach programs.
Telfair Outreach Programs
Telfair sponsors a variety of Community Impact Programs. This includes arts education, cultural immersion programs, workshops, tours, and STEAM programs for low-income and at-risk youth, veterans, seniors, and disabled community members.
- 253,024 annual visitors and 30,000 outreach participants.
- 6,841 free student field trips and guided tours.
- 6 free family days per year with 7,675 attendees.
- 41 studio programs for Head Start and Title 1 schools.
- Partnerships with community centers, libraries, summer camps, and Golden Age centers.
- Hands-on STEAM programs that include computer programming, VR, 3D modeling, LED engineering, and more.
- 29 annual lectures with museum curators and internationally known speakers.
- 14 exhibits per year featuring local artists, including youth, adults, and seniors.
- Veteran art classes and an annual I Have Marks to Make veteran art exhibition.
- Disabled workshops in partnership with social service organizations.
Belle Vue Tours and BVstylez is proud to have our photography featured in a museum as dedicated as we are to being the change we want to see in the world!